How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Personal injuries in Monterey can happen due to a car crash, a slip and fall accident, dangerous or defective products, and during sports or recreational activities. When negligence on the part of others is responsible, you have the right to hold them accountable in a personal injury claim.
As experienced Monterey personal injury lawyers, we represent victims and their families in these cases. One of the most common questions we hear from clients concerns how much their claim is worth.
Calculating Damages In A Monterey Personal Injury Case
If you suffer personal injuries in Monterey due to the reckless and negligent actions of others, you have the right to them liable for costs you incur as a result. Under the California Civil Code, compensation in a personal injury claim is generally referred to as damages. In calculating the total amount your case is worth, it is important to factor in the following:
- Your current diagnosis and any medical treatment recommended by your doctor;
- Whether your injuries are likely to result in long-term impairments;
- Whether they impact your ability to work or perform various tasks associated with your job;
- The impacts your injuries have on your family, your ability to engage in your prior hobbies and activities, and your overall quality of life.
Damages You May Be Entitled To In A Personal Injury Claim
Even seemingly minor personal injuries in Monterey can end up costing you thousands of dollars. Each case is different and the exact amount you may be entitled to in a claim varies depending on the circumstances, the extent of your injuries, the impacts they have on your life, and whether you choose to settle with insurers or file a personal injury lawsuit through the Monterey County Civil Court.
If dealing with insurers, be wary of accepting any immediate settlements, as these are likely to be less than what you need to recover. Even with our Monterey personal injury lawyers on your side, compensation is limited by the terms of the policy. Filing a personal injury lawsuit is often the best way to get the maximum amount you need to recover. Common types of damages available include:
- Economic damages, covering all current and future medical expenses, lost income, and other tangible costs;
- Non-economic damages, compensating you for pain, suffering, and lost enjoyment in life;
- Exemplary damages, which we can push for in cases involving gross negligence. These can total hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Be aware that even if you are partially at fault for your injuries, you may still be entitled to compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
Request A Consultation With Our Monterey Personal Injury Lawyer
Before accepting a personal injury settlement that may be less than you deserve, reach out to the Allen Law Firm first. We help you get the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. To request a consultation, call or contact our Monterey personal injury lawyer online today.