Monterey T-Bone Accident Lawyer
There are many types of car accidents that can occur on California’s roadways. One common type is the T-bone crash. This accident occurs when a vehicle hits the side of another. There isn’t a lot to protect the vehicle that is hit, so vehicle damage and injuries are very common. The car may be totaled and the injuries could be catastrophic or even deadly.
If you have been involved in a T-bone accident, you’ll need to determine liability and damages. Allen Law Firm can help. Our Monterey T-bone accident lawyers have helped many car accident victims with physical and financial recovery.
Liability in T-Bone Accidents
Liability is one of the biggest issues in a T-bone accident, as there are several cases in which a person can be at fault. Here are several possible situations:
- A driver is breaking the law. T-bone accidents tend to occur at turning points, such as intersections. If a driver breaks the law, such as running a red light or stop sign, and crosses the intersection, they are most likely to hit the vehicle that is in the intersection legally. In these cases, the person breaking the law would be liable for the accident.
- A driver is turning left. A T-bone accident can also occur when a driver is making a left-hand turn. The driver making a left turn might crash into the vehicle coming in front of them. It’s also possible that another car might collide head-on with the driver turning left. Failure to understand the oncoming vehicle’s pace or distance can cause a T-bone accident. Either way, the responsibility falls on the driver who did not yield the right of way.
- Both drivers are negligent. There are instances where both drivers can be liable for causing the accident. For example, it’s possible that a speeding driver may cross the intersection while the other driver is turning left at the wrong time. In any case, since California is a comparative negligence state, a person is allowed to receive compensation for their injuries even if they are partially at fault in the collision. Their compensation will depend on their percentage of fault.
Seeking Financial Recovery
After a T-bone accident, you can seek compensation for your damages. Some common damages include:
- Medical expenses, including hospital and doctors’ bills
- Medical devices and medical equipment
- Lost wages and the loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral expenses (in the event of a death)
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
Contact Allen Law Firm Today
T-bone accidents can cause significant damage to vehicles a well as major injuries to those involved. If you have been involved in one, seek legal help right away.
At Allen Law Firm, our team is committed to advocating for the best interests of our clients. We offer free consultations and no upfront costs. Schedule a free consultation with a Monterey T-bone accidents lawyer by calling (831) 264-0605 or filling out the online form.