Our 2018 Winner: Michael Carson!
Allen Law Firm proudly presents our first annual scholarship essay contest. We will award a $1,000 scholarship to the winning student every year. To apply, just follow the directions below. We will announce the winner on July 16th.
We will award a $1,000 scholarship to one student each year. The prize will be paid directly to an accredited college or university of the student’s choice in the U.S., and applied to the student’s account.
In order to be eligible, you must meet the following basic criteria:
- You must either be a currently enrolled college student, or a high school senior who will graduate this year and attend college next year
- You must be citizen of the U.S.
- You must be attending a college or university in the U.S.
The deadline each year is June 15th. The winner will be announced on or before July 16th, and the scholarship will be applied for the following school year.
The winner will be selected solely on the basis of the following essay.
- Write a 300-word essay.
- Essay Topic: Have you suffered a serious injury? Or Do you suffer from a disability?
If you have either suffered a serious injury or suffer from a disability, please (1) describe the injury or disability; (2) describe how the injury or disability has affected your life; (3) tell us how you have worked to overcome the injury or disability, and (4) tell us how the injury or disability has affected your college plans.
- You can learn more about the legal issues around these topics on our practice area pages:
You can also learn more by visiting our blog.
- Members of the firm will judge the essay and choose the winner based on relevance, excellent writing, and creativity.
- Create a cover page containing the following information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- The name of the school you are attending currently
- What school you are attending next semester
- Also on the cover page, type the honor statement and sign. The honor statement is as follows:
My essay is my own original work, not copied from another source, and not written by someone other than myself. [Signature]
- Save the cover page and essay as one PDF document.
- Email the PDF and a photo of yourself to email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- All submitted essays and photos become property of the Allen Law Firm. The firm may use them and the authors’ names for promotional purposes.
- The winner may be required to submit school documents and other proof of eligibility.