Holiday Rides to Get Home Safe
As a personal injury lawyer, I am all too familiar with these stories. I have seen first hand the devastation that a momentary lapse in judgment — getting behind the wheel after drinking — can cause.
There are certain US holidays during which drunk driving is especially common. That’s why I offer to pay for rides home during popular drinking holidays. If I can prevent even one drunk driving crash then it’s money well spent.
How the Program Works
It’s easy to participate. Simply make a choice, the right choice, to call an Uber, Lyft, or a good old-fashioned taxi if you’ve been drinking, send me the bill, and I’ll reimburse you for the ride.
- Rides must begin and/or end within the city of Santa Cruz.
- Rides must be taken between 5pm on the day of the qualifying holiday and 10am the day after.
- You must be of legal drinking age (21 and over) at the time the ride is taken to qualify.
- Valid for one, one-way ride.
- Limit one reimbursement per household for Cinco De Mayo Weekend
- Maximum value of $30.00.
- The maximum value includes a tip up to 10%. Anything above a 10% tip on the base fare will not be reimbursed.
- Participation in this promotion is limited to the first 200 submissions for rides taken.
- Submissions must be made within 7 days of the qualifying holiday and must include receipt, photocopy of valid driver’s license, and PayPal email address using the address below: