Monterey Side-Impact Collision Lawyer
Some car accidents are more dangerous than others. Side-impact collisions are often serious crashes due to the location of the crash. These accidents occur when the front of one vehicle hits the side of another. When the sides of two vehicles collide, that is called a sideswipe crash.
A side-impact crash is also known as a T-bone accident. These crashes can cause significant injuries and even death due to the lack of a buffer. When a car hits a vehicle from the side, there’s only the door and window separating the vehicle from a person in the seat. This is different from rear-end crashes, in which there is a trunk and bumper to provide some protection.
But who is at fault? It can be hard to tell. There may be surveillance video, witnesses, police reports, and reconstruction necessary to determine liability. Contact Allen Law Firm to learn how a Monterey side-impact collision lawyer can help you proceed with your claim.
Causes of Side-Impact Crashes
Like any car accident, side-impact crashes can occur for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Failure to yield. Many side-impact crashes happen at intersections. Those who run stop signs or red lights are more likely to collide with the side of another vehicle.
- Merging. Side-swipe crashes can happen while multiple vehicles are trying to merge into the same lane.
- Illegal maneuvers. U-turns and other maneuvers can cause crashes when other drivers are not anticipating them.
- Poor decisions. Speeding, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and driving while distracted can all lead to serious crashes, including side-impact collisions.
In a side-impact crash, there is less opportunity for crumpling, which is when the front or the rear of the vehicle absorbs some of the impact of a collision. This makes these crashes much more dangerous than others. Some common injuries include:
- Head injuries. A person can suffer from a concussion or traumatic brain injury from hitting their head on the dashboard or steering wheel due to the impact.
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a common injury that happens in car accidents. Whiplash can lead to soft tissue injuries in the neck, affecting muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Lacerations. It’s possible to get cuts and deep gashes from shattered glass.
- Back injuries. The impact of a crash can affect the back and cause herniated discs, nerve damage, spinal cord damage, and even paralysis.
- Crush injuries. In a side-impact crash, the frame of a vehicle can buckle. This can cause various crush Injuries to the chest, abdomen, and pelvis.
Contact Allen Law Firm Today
Side-impact crashes are not easy to deal with. There are often liability issues involved, so it’s important to seek legal help right away.
Allen Law Firm can help resolve your claim quickly so you get the compensation you deserve. Fill out the online form or call (831) 264-0605 to schedule a free consultation with a Monterey side-impact collisions lawyer.