Top-Rated Commercial Truck Accident Lawyers Offices in Monterey & Santa Cruz, CA
Tractor trailer accidents occur far too frequently in California.
According to data collected and published by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), more than 5,400 people were injured in commercial truck accidents in the state in 2014 alone. Tragically, there were also 279 reported truck accident fatalities in that year.
Injured truck accident victims are entitled to compensation for the full extent of their damages. Unfortunately, the big trucking companies and their insurance providers often make financial recovery challenging.
At the Allen Law Firm, our Monterey and Santa Cruz truck accident attorneys help injured victims fight back. We have the skills and experience needed to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable. Remember, the personal injury statute of limitations is only two years, so you should file a claim as soon as possible.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a tractor trailer crash, please contact one of our experienced attorneys today for immediate assistance.
What to Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Monterey or Santa Cruz
Following a serious semi-truck accident, it is crucial that injured victims take the proper steps to protect their health and their legal claim.
Unfortunately, too many injured victims make mistakes after a crash that make it more difficult for them to access full and fair financial compensation. If you were involved in a tractor trailer accident in Santa Cruz or Monterey, you should be sure to do the following four things:
- Report the collision to the appropriate state or local highway authorities.
- Seek immediate medical attention — remember, emergency medical needs should always come first.
- Take proactive steps to document the crash. You should try to obtain as much evidence as possible, including photographs, identifying details about the truck and truck driver, and witness contact information.
- Consult with an experienced California truck accident lawyer before speaking to an insurance adjuster. You should not give a statement to the trucking company’s insurer.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Truck Accident?
Under California law, many different parties could bear liability for a commercial truck collision. Truck accident claims are typically brought under the state’s negligence standard.
As California is a comparative fault jurisdiction, two or more parties can even share liability for the same underlying collision. Our Monterey and Santa Cruz truck accident lawyers will make sure that we identify all parties that can be held responsible in your case so that you maximize your financial recovery. This could include:
- The truck driver;
- The trucking company;
- The driver of another vehicle;
- The company that owns the truck or trailer; and
In some cases, the accident may be due to a defect in the design or the manufacturing of the big rig itself. In such cases, the truck’s manufacturer or owner may be liable for the accident under a standard of strict product liability.
Truck Accident Cases Involve Complex Federal Regulations
There is a wide range of federal safety regulations that commercial trucking companies are required to follow when they operate in California. This is because the state has adopted the
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) truck safety regulations. Among other things, trucking companies must:
- Ensure that their truck drivers meet minimum qualification standards;
- Make an effort to limit driver fatigue by restricting how much time a trucker can spend behind the wheel each week; and
- Conduct adequate pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on their fleet of trucks.
If you or your loved one was hurt in a trucking accident in Monterey, CA or Santa Cruz, CA, it is imperative that your case is reviewed by an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will be able to determine if safety violations by the truck company contributed to the crash. Negligent companies must be held accountable.
YOU’RE NOT ALONE.
Our trucking accident lawyers are here to help you hold the negligent trucking company accountable.
Truck Accident Victims Deserve Full Compensation
If you were hurt in an eighteen wheeler crash in the Central Coast region of California, you have a legal right to seek compensation for the full value of your losses. Trucking companies are usually represented by large insurance companies that are notorious for underpaying claims. Our Monterey and Santa Cruz truck accident lawyers will help you fight for every dollar you deserve. This could include money for:
- Damage to your vehicle;
- Emergency medical bills;
- Other related medical expenses;
- Any costs associated with rehabilitation;
- Lost current and future wages;
- Diminished earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disfigurement or loss of limb;
- Loss of lifestyle enjoyment; and
- Wrongful death damages.
What Separates the Allen Law Firm in Trucking Accident Cases
California truck accident claims are deeply complex. There are many unique factors involved in these cases.
When we take on your claim, our attorneys work aggressively to ensure that the rights and interests of our clients are protected at every stage in the legal process. We will:
- Investigate your claim, gathering all relevant evidence;
- Work with medical professionals to get you the treatment you need;
- Take legal action, to get documents and records directly from the trucking company;
- Negotiate with the insurer for a full settlement; and
- If necessary, file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf.
Finally, with our California truck accident lawyers, there are no upfront costs or hourly fees. We will only get paid if you win your case.
Get Legal Help With Your Truck Accident Case Now
At the Allen Law Firm, our California truck accident lawyers have helped many victims recover full and fair compensation for their injuries.
If you were hurt in a tractor trailer crash, please contact us today for a free legal consultation. With offices in Santa Cruz and Monterey, we represent victims throughout California’s Central Coast.