Recovery From Soft Tissue Injuries
Accidents can happen in a variety of ways and can cause serious harm to victims. Among the most common types of personal injury are sprains, strains, and tears involving muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Symptoms may appear mild at first, but failing to take the steps needed to recover can result in long-term disabilities. Find out more about the recovery process and how to protect your rights in filing a claim.
Common Causes Of Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries typically impact muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves located throughout the body. They commonly happen either due to overuse or as a result of accidents in which others are often to blame.
Dignity Health reports that sprains, strains, and tears are all common types of accidental soft tissue injuries. They can cause chronic pain, swelling, limited mobility, and potential long-term disabilities. Among the most common causes of soft tissue injuries in Monterey include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Getting struck by or against objects in public places;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents that happen on the job.
Making A Full Recovery From Soft Tissue Injuries
When soft tissue injuries happen, they can take long months to heal. Muscle and tendon tears may require surgical procedures in order to repair the damage. In cases of sprains and strains, doctors typically prescribe medications to alleviate swelling and pain, recommend applying heat or ice to the area, advise you to rest and refrain from certain activities, and may refer you to physical therapy. Failing to follow their advice could leave you suffering potentially permanent disabilities.
When soft tissue injuries occur due to negligence on the part of others, you are entitled under the California Civil Code to hold them liable for the costs you incur. To make a full recovery, follow these steps:
- Report any type of accident resulting in soft tissue injuries to the proper authority immediately;
- Make sure an accident report is filed and includes important details about the incident;
- Gather evidence, such as contact information for witnesses and photos at the scene;
- Get medical care promptly and follow your doctor’s instructions;
- Avoid settling your claim until you have reached a maximum level of recovery;
- When considering settlement amounts, factor in both current and potential future costs you are likely to incur.
Contact Our Monterey Personal Injury Lawyer
Before settling any claims involving soft tissue injuries in Monterey, contact the Allen Law Firm first. We take the actions needed to help you make a full recovery. This includes:
- Thoroughly reviewing your case and your options in seeking compensation;
- Advising you on the total amount you are entitled to under state law;
- Negotiating with insurers involved to get the best possible settlement;
- Taking your case to court and filing a personal injury lawsuit, if needed.
To find out more about how we can help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a soft tissue injury claim, request a consultation with our Monterey personal injury lawyers today.