New Year’s Resolutions While Recovering From Personal Injuries In Monterey
If you have suffered personal injuries in Monterey, you may not feel like you have much to celebrate this holiday season. In addition to the serious impacts on your health, you are likely facing major medical expenses, lost wages, and the uncertainty of having to deal with insurers and others involved.
In dealing with the ramifications of what happened, you have options in the year ahead. Our Monterey personal injury lawyer shares New Year’s resolutions that can help you during the recovery process and throughout 2024.
Recovery From Monterey Personal Injuries Is A Process
According to statistics from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), close to 30,000 people suffer accidental injuries in Monterey County each year. Car crashes, falls, and other types of accidents can cause serious harm, impacting your health and your overall financial security for years to come.
Recovery from personal injuries is a process. Areas to focus on include:
- Get the appropriate medical care: This is a top priority. Even seemingly minor accidents can result in heavy bruising, broken bones, torn muscles or tendons, and potentially disabling back, neck, and head injuries.
- Document the details surrounding your case: Make sure an accident report was filed and consider any witnesses, surveillance footage, or other evidence.
- Get the compensation you need to recover: When accidents happen due to the negligence of others, you have the right to hold them accountable for your costs.
New Year’s Resolutions To Help You Recover
When you suffer personal injuries due to reckless behavior on the part of others, you may be entitled to compensation either through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit through the Monterey County Civil Court. Making the following New Year’s resolutions can help you get the maximum amount you need to recover.
- Make your health a priority: Realize that it can take long months to recover from even minor personal injuries. Give yourself the time you need.
- Follow doctor instructions: This includes undergoing recommended testing and treatment, attending follow-up visits, and adhering to any work or activity restrictions.
- Start a journal: Consider keeping a journal documenting your symptoms and the impact they have on your life.
- Get organized: Document all expenses associated with your accident, regardless of how minor, and keep them organized in one location.
- Cut back on social media: Spending too much time on social media is generally not recommended. Particularly when recovering from personal injuries in Monterey, be aware that your posts could be used to deny or downplay your claim.
Request A Consultation With Our Monterey Personal Injury Lawyer
You have just one chance to get the compensation you need to recover when personal injuries in Monterey happen. To get the total amount you are entitled to, contact the Allen Law Firm. We provide the caring support and experienced legal representation you need throughout the process of filing a claim. Request a consultation with our Monterey personal injury lawyer today.