An Experienced Live Oak Personal Injury Lawyer You Can Count on for Legal Help
With close proximity to Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains, Live Oak, CA has the best of both worlds when it comes to gorgeous views.
It is easy to forget that there are threats all around when people are negligent as they go about their day. Car accidents, animal attacks, and unsafe properties present risks of injury, through no fault of your own.
Our personal injury attorneys at the Allen Law Firm know the uphill battle you face when trying to recover from an injury-causing accident. We are committed to helping you recover compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Please contact our firm to set up a case assessment with a Live Oak personal injury lawyer who can explain your legal options.
Negligence is a Factor in Injury-Causing Accidents
When people get hurt in accidents, there is usually some type of carelessness as a root cause.
In legal terminology, the concept of negligence applies: Someone has breached the duty to exercise reasonable care, and the victim was injured as a result.
At the Allen Law Firm, our attorneys handle a wide range of claims based upon negligence, including:
- Auto Accidents: Whether drivers violate California traffic regulations, speed, or text while driving, they put everyone else on the road at risk of injury.
- Truck Collisions: Semi trucks can outweigh a passenger vehicle by up to 20 times, depending on the cargo. This is why truck accidents are often fatal for victims, and those that do survive can endure catastrophic injuries.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Operators enjoy the open air of riding their motorcycles, but that same freedom means there is no protective barrier to offer protection in a crash. Even with a helmet, victims may suffer serious, life-threatening injuries.
If you are hurt in any type of motor vehicle accident, you are entitled to recover compensation from the at-fault driver. Typically, you would file a claim with an insurance company, and a Live Oak car accident lawyer at Allen Law Firm can assist you in navigating the process. If we cannot settle on an amount sufficient to cover your losses, we will go to court to protect your rights.
Other Accidents Involving Negligence
Negligence is not just a phenomenon that occurs behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Victims may also be able to recover compensation for injuries they suffer due to:
- Slip and Fall Incidents: California property owners must keep their premises free of hazards that may cause injuries to others. This legal obligation includes the duty to repair dangerous conditions and conduct regular inspections. Injured victims may have a claim under premises liability for breach of this duty.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: A careless driver can also cause injuries to people outside the vehicle, putting pedestrians and bicyclists at risk of injury. The same theories of negligence apply, so you can seek compensation for your losses as a victim.
- Defective Products: If produced, designed, or mislabeled, products can cause serious injury. If you find yourself injured due to a defective product, we can help you pursue compensation.
- Wrongful Death: All of these types of personal injury can escalate to the point of death. If that happened to your loved one, we can get justice for them together.
How a Live Oak Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
There are two types of damages available in a claim based upon negligence. Our lawyers at the Allen Law Firm will assist you in seeking all compensation available for the losses you sustain, including.
1. Economic damages, which include medical costs, lost wages, and certain out-of-pocket expenses; and,
2. Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional anguish, diminished quality of life, and others.
Schedule a Free Case Assessment with a Live Oak Personal Injury Lawyer Today
California law provides you with rights if you were injured through the negligence of another person, and a Live Oak car accident attorney or personal injury lawyer can help you enforce them. Please contact the Allen Law Firm with questions or to set up a free consultation.