Monterey Hotel Slip & Fall Lawyer
Monterey is known for its beautiful beaches and fresh seafood. Many people visit this coastal city and stay in its various hotels. As tourists, we expect that the hotels we stay in are relatively safe. Nobody expects for a fun vacation to turn into tragedy, with a person having to face a hospital visit.
But it happens. More than 1 million people slip, trip, and fall in the United States every year. Many of these accidents happen in hotel rooms, lobbies, rooms, bathrooms, and outside areas such as pools and spas.
In some cases, the hotel guest is negligent. In other situations, though, the hotel and its staff are negligent for not providing a safe environment. If you can prove liability, you can receive compensation for your injuries and other damages.
If you have been involved in a slip and fall at a hotel, Allen Law Firm can help. Contact a Monterey hotel slip & fall lawyer to prove negligence in your case so that you can get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Hotel Accidents
There are many ways in which a hotel accident can occur. They include the following:
- At the restaurant or buffet. These places have food and drinks, which can lead to spills and dropped food. This is especially true in buffets, where many people are clamoring to get their food at the same time, making slip and fall accidents more likely.
- In and around swimming pools. While hotels do not necessarily have to have lifeguards on duty, there should be signs warning guests that the hotel is not responsible for any drownings. Accidents can happen outside of pools as well. The perimeter of the pool may be slippery from water, causing guests to fall.
- In bathrooms. Leaking fixtures, a lack of grab bars, and slick surfaces make slips and falls likely in hotel bathrooms.
- In elevators and on escalators. Misuse of an escalator or a poorly maintained elevator can cause guests to fall and suffer serious injuries.
- On stairways. A person can trip and fall due to broken stairs, poor lighting, and poorly maintained handrails.
- Inside traffic areas. The hotel lobby area and other common areas may contain frayed or uneven flooring. Carpets and wood floors may be torn and in need of replacement.
- On sidewalks and paths. In icy or rainy weather, outside areas such as sidewalks and other walkways can accumulate water and ice. When an unsuspecting guest walks on these paths, they can slip and fall.
Contact Allen Law Firm Today
Hotels are meant for rest and relaxation. However, a slip and fall accident can turn your vacation into a tragic situation.
A slip and fall accident can lead to catastrophic injuries and even death. If you have been affected, Allen Law Firm can assist you with filing a claim and seeking compensation for damages. To schedule a free consultation with a Monterey hotel slip and fall lawyer, fill out the online form or call (831) 264-0605.