Monterey Grocery Store Slip & Fall Lawyer
Grocery stores have a lot of items, including various foods, beverages, alcohol, soaps, kitchen supplies, and more. While this can be great for the average busy consumer, it’s not so great for those who slip, trip, or fall on any of these substances or other debris while shopping in a grocery store.
Slips and falls are common in grocery stores. Liquids can spill. Fruits and vegetables can fall off their displays, causing customers to fall. Aisles are often filled with boxes and other debris that a person can trip over. These situations can lead to broken bones, back and neck injuries, and other long-term injuries.
A trip to the grocery store can lead to serious injury. In some cases, a person can even die from their injuries. Get the help you need from Allen Law Firm. Our Monterey grocery store slip & fall lawyer can assist you with your claim and guide you through the process. Contact us today to get started.
Common Causes of Injuries
Slips and falls can happen due to the following situations:
- Slippery floors from leaks and spills
- Improperly positioned floor mats
- Damaged grocery carts
- Faulty entrance and exit doors
- Items falling from grocery store shelves
- Obstructed aisles due to boxes, pallets, and food
- Cracked and uneven pavement
Steps to Take After a Grocery Store Slip and Fall
After a slip and fall at a grocery store, do the following:
- Seek medical care. You may be hurt and not even know it. To support a legal claim, you’ll need evidence that you were injured, so see a doctor right away.
- Identify the cause. Find out what caused you to slip, trip, and fall. Maybe it was a spilled liquid or debris in the aisle.
- Document the accident. Write down as much as you can about the accident, including what happened and where it happened. Take photos of your injuries as well as the accident scene and surrounding areas.
- Get witness information. Did anyone see you slip and fall? If so, get their name and contact information.
- Get surveillance video. The store might have video of your accident taking place, so request it. It could prove their negligence and help your case.
- File a report. Make sure to contact a store manager and file a report. They may try to settle your case without a report. Don’t agree to this. Have the incident documented with the store in writing.
- Contact a lawyer. Don’t handle such a case on your own. A lawyer can guide you through this often complex process.
Contact Allen Law Firm Today
Slips and falls in grocery stores can result in neck and back injuries, broken bones, head trauma, and more. Make sure your legal rights are protected.
Count on Allen Law Firm for assistance. Our Monterey grocery store slip and fall lawyer can help you get results. Make sure you get adequate compensation for all your injuries and damages. Call (831) 264-0605 or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation.